Blogging Cycles

In 2011, there were 169 posts to The Autistic Me. That number has steadily declined, by almost half every two years. For 2015, only 17 posts have been composed. (The blog started in 2007 and took some time to grow.)

The blog activity is a feedback loop, or an incentive cycle. As readership and responses fell, so did my impulse to post new content. With less new content, there was less reason for readers to stumble upon the blog. The decline of RSS readers, the decline of various Autism portals, and a general shift to social media contributed further to the decline in activity.

How many times can I post about…
…the challenges of living in or even navigating urban settings?
…the sensory overload of mass transit?
…the exhaustion that follows social events?
…the (un)employment situation for people with physical and neurological challenges?
…the insular nature of academia?

The posts here simply aren't that varied. The same topics repeat.

I pulled the "Ask a Question" link because the tone had descended and the content wasn't useful.

I'm not sure what I can or should post anymore. The old issues are tired and worn. I'm not interested in most of the current debates online and dislike the tone of posts (and comments) I read.

Maybe I'll come up with something fun and new. For now, I admit that the blog has been slow and boring. Let me know, via Facebook or Twitter, if you have any good ideas. Suggestions might give this blog new life.

Thank you, to my followers, for sticking around for so many years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

The Autistic Tiger

Active Listening and Autism